Tuesday 14 August 2012

Jennifer

3 years ago today, I approached Jennifer Waring in a loud nightclub and said the words "We have been seeing each other for a couple of months now, how about we change our facebook statuses to 'in a relationship'?". They say romance is dead!

Today is the 3 year anniversary of our relationship, and it seems that over the last few weeks, our relationship has grown stronger than ever.

Let's rewind: 3 and a half years ago my life was completely different. I lived for Friday nights, I spent every week wishing the hours away until the weekend where I could meet up with my mates, go to the same pubs, drink the same drinks, achieve the same level of drunkenness, dance to the same songs, smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds, go home at 7am and vomit in the same toilet. It was amazing, really amazing, I miss it so much, the last thing I wanted in 2009 was a girlfriend.

One night, in the trashiest nightclub in Wigan, which I went into alone at around 4am after all my friends had left, I found myself locking tongues with a fake, blonde, insane, drunken Chav girl, who proceeded to insult me, drink the remainder of her drink, then mine and walk away, out of my life forever. I decided to leave the club to go after her, it was light outside, I saw a couple of people I know sat outside the club and I joined them for a bit, asking them about the blonde. One of the girls there I didn't know, a little, cute, brunette in a nice dress. I smiled at her, she smiled back. I talked a load of drunken rubbish, asked them if they had any cigarettes and left. The following morning, lying in bed, nursing the usual, chronic Saturday hangover, I was thinking about the girl. Not the blonde with attitude, the girl sitting on the floor who smiled at me.

The following week, the same night was planned, only this time, the people I saw sitting outside the club last week came over to chat and no doubt remark on what a drunken mess I was. I was introduced to the girl who smiled at me. She was really happy, fun and pretty. I liked her. As she and her friends left, I alerted my best mate, Kris, to her bum, she had a really great bum, he agreed. I saw her a few times that night, I got lots of smiles, her smile was so nice, but her bum... Amazing. Kris told me he thought I had a chance. I didn't think so.

The third time I saw her, the following Friday night, I spoke to her, a lot. I bored her with how this relatively new act Lady Gaga is going to take over the planet, my tattoo plans and (for about 4 hours) Daft Punk's spectacular art-film "Electroma". That night, we kissed.

For weeks, We kept seeing each other around, sometimes it was awkward, sometimes it was nice, every time we kissed. I started thinking about her, a lot, all the time. I thought about her at work, and turned to Kevin, a man who was fast becoming one of my best mates and a guy who's opinion I can always trust. I told him I had met a girl and I told him I really, really didn't want a girlfriend.

I pestered Kev with my dilemma for months, what do I do? I like her, I like being single. Frustrated, he told me that if I was going on about her so much, I like her more than I like being single. Me and the girl kept getting closer and closer. He was right.

In August, we had been meeting up on our own, no mates about, we had been starting the nights out together and meeting our friends later, she had even stayed over a few times. On Friday the 14th of August, we spent the night together in the club. Her best friend's then boyfriend grabbed me and said "just ask her out, already". I did. She said yes.

We were together, and we spent so much time together. My mates liked her, my parents and brother liked her and I was with the girl with the amazing bottom. I enjoyed every moment I was with her. I started leaving night clubs at reasonable times so I could take her home, I drank less because I liked our chats and I really didn't want to vomit in front of her, and I started doing things with my weeknights with her, instead of wishing them away. I didn't want a girlfriend, but I really needed one.

...so here we are, 3 years together. I have grown so much. We have been through so much together, but I wont get into that, this blog is already long enough. The girl I liked is now the girl I love. Her smile is still amazing, and I swear, her bum is even better.

She still hasn't seen Electroma.

1 comment:

  1. I just proper welled up. Really. Not pretend. Beautiful.

    I have never checked out your girlfriend's bum before, but warn her that next time we meet I may have a quick glance. She'll understand.

    ReplyDelete