Friday 10 August 2012

I don't do...

It must be equally as, if not more effective to define somebody not by what they do, but rather by what they don't do that everybody else does. For instance, I can get a better grasp of a person's personality upon learning that they don't eat foods beginning with a vowel, than I would upon learning that they do collect bees. Am I making sense? Well, it's my blog, so who cares? Or rather who doesn't care?

It would be interesting to learn that somebody kite boards, but much more conversation provoking to learn that somebody doesn't watch TV.

This got me wondering "what don't I do that most people do do?". My only answer is "I don't do hot drinks". I don't drink tea, I prefer iced coffee, I don't even drink coco before bed, and I also find the idea of warm milk slightly weird. Flaming Sambuca? I'll pass.

This isn't that groundbreaking to learn, though, because I don't really like hot anything. Being ginger and 18 stone, I don't really cope well with hot weather. I much prefer a cold shower in the morning to a hot bath in the evening. I tend to wear shorts for as much of the year I can. In the depths of winter I have the windows open and a fan blowing on me in bed, disregarding the duvet as much as possible.

Lets disregard curries and reggae reggae sauce. Lets just say they are spicy, not hot.

So that's it. I don't drink warm drinks. What does this mean? Either I am incredibly boring, or I shouldn't be left alone with my thoughts for too long. Probably both.

I do, however, talk a load of rubbish.

I also came up with a word today. Have you ever needed a wee and when you arrived at the toilet done a poo that you didn't even know you needed? That's an "impromptpoo". I am quite proud of that! I will avoid looking at the urban dictionary, because somebody has probably already coined it.

I also can't believe that at the time of writing this, I have had 117 page views, half of that and I would have been very flattered. So thank you all for reading this drivel.

4 comments:

  1. I don't watch much TV, but I don't suppose that counts. I don't watch the Olympics, I haven't seen a single second of it. Hmm, I don't eat at McDonalds, ever. I don't buy Nestle products, and haven't knowingly eaten one for over 20 years. (I unknowingly ate one once, and when I found out I vomited). I didn't agree that Bruce Forsyth should have a knighthood, but then again I don't really see the need for the honours system. I could probably do this all night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had watched the Olympics you may have agreed with an honours system. Haha.

    You are more thought provoking than me. I guess I am very mainstream. I didn't think I was. I like rock music but think Kurt Cobain was mediocre, does that count?

    What are your reasons for not consuming nestle products? I must admit, I know nothing about the company. I'm not even sure I know what products are theirs. Is nutella one of theirs? I like nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do hot drinks of any kind either. My mum says i have a soft tongue , maybe you do too :P though not sure if that's some kind of veiled insult haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the long answer, read this website in detail :) - http://info.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree

    The short(er) answer - When I was about 16 I noticed that many, many products were made by Nestle, including many that you would not automatically associate with them. This led to me in my adolescent, silly humoured way to decided that Nestle were taking over the world. Then one day I was on a market, and I saw a stall selling T-shirts with 'The Campaign against Nestle' on them. Obviously, seeing as I had totally on my own invented my theory, I had to go and check it out. And buy a t-shirt. This led me to finding out about Baby Milk Action, and boycotting Nestle products.

    The (really) short version - Nestle kills babies.



    I also think Kurt Cobain was over-rated. Eddie Vedder, on the other hand, not so.

    ReplyDelete