Tuesday 7 August 2012

But there is nothing to be positive about, Chris.

I am not sure why I have decided to start a blog. As the title suggests, it's little more than something to do between meals, a place to come to rant and complain with nobody around to retort and argue against me.

I had the idea of blogging in work earlier. I moan an awful lot in work, so I vowed that my first post would be positive. I suggested this to Hannah, a work companion [in joke] and my main partner in the act of banter, she said "but there is nothing to be positive about, Chris". We laughed.

There is plenty to be positive about, though. Even though I have to get up every morning and go to work, what was once a gigantic, unpredictable monster of a social life has died down to less than a shadow of it's former, glorious self, and all the money on Earth seems to be as elusive as a mixed race man at a BNP meeting, I like to think I can always look on the proverbial bright side.

My brother's girlfriend, last week, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Ellie, my niece. Not only that, my girlfriend and I moved into a new place which will save us lots of money, I am feeling very patriotic as Team GB rack up the gold medals at the London Olympics, the football season is just around the corner, and, to top it all off, In The Mood by Rush just came on the radio. I challenge anyone to be anything but positive when Rush come on the radio. So shut up, Hannah!

Either way, this post is nothing more than an introduction. For those of you who don't know me (heaven knows why you are reading this), my name is Chris Foxon, I am a dreadlocked giant who looks like a Viking, and speaks like James Blunt. Is James Blunt still relevant? Should I be talking about Dappy and One Direction? I shall save my thoughts on modern "music" for a future post. I work in Leigh, I Live in Bolton. I am a rather outspoken atheist, I am very liberal and, it seems, I use a lot of commas when writing sentences. I love eating, talking and laughing, in that order. I have an amazing bunch of friends, with whom I don't spend enough time. I have a red car, a roboraptor, a nice camera, a strange imagination, a flawless set of parents, an awesome brother, and a beautiful girlfriend, none of whom will probably read this blog, but will almost certainly feature.

I plan on posting pictures I have taken or drawn, things I have witnessed, things I have noticed, ideas I have, things I love, things I hate and details of food I have eaten. If that isn't enough reason to start blogging, I don't know what is. I hope people enjoy my ramblings, but above all, I hope I enjoy it.
Lets hope I keep it up.
Fresh!

4 comments:

  1. "a place to come to rant and complain with nobody around to retort and argue against me."

    Might want to remove comments :D

    You intro post is much better than mine, I find it hard to think of things to blog about, good luck in your blogging!

    http://www.binaryferret.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both your posts, your life seems so much more interesting than mine. I hope I can think of things to blog about.

      Thanks for checking out my page. I shall keep my eye on yours.

      Delete
  2. You have a way with words Mr Foxon, made me chuckle anyway
    I had the same idea to start a blog today, mines nowhere near as interesting as this though. Kudos to you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has already had more comments in one day than mine has in the however many years it's been floating in the ether. No wonder I never keep that shit up...

    Ah, hi fella. Sorry I didn't reply to your text today. I was busy, then I forgot, and now my phone is upstairs and probably dead, and if I don't write this I'll probably forget again. I suck.

    I'm going to go to bed. Night.

    ReplyDelete