Wednesday 19 December 2012

I'm 29

Well, since my last post, I have grown another number closer to 30. These last few years it makes more sense to me that it is a good thing having a birthday at the end of the year. On my last couple of birthdays I have looked at my life and the things I want to change, and I can mull them over and eventually commit to them as New Years resolutions. They usually turn out to be a bit unsuccessful. So this year I am going to use this here blog as a tool for keeping to my resolutions.

I am not going to attempt anything massive. Obviously the usual "lose some weight", "stop smoking", "get a better job", "save money" resolutions still apply, but I will almost certainly commit to none of those. Instead, I would like to learn to do things in 2013.

Yes! I want to use 2013, my last year before turning 30, to learn how to do things that I can't do and usually wouldn't want or need to do. Including, but not limited to...

Learn to Cook
Yes, I want to be able to cook, and cook good. I want to make Curries and Chillies and Pasta dishes all from scratch. This is the main one. I really enjoy food, I am enjoying food more the older (and fatter) I get. So I really want to enjoy the food I cook. I plan on sticking to this, even if I stick to none of the others.

Learn how to use my camera
In 2011 I bought myself a camera, and I love it, I used it loads and took some pictures that I am genuinely proud of. Since the end of this summer, I have hardly used my camera, and this is a bad thing. I think, that if I knew how to use my camera to it's full capability, and how to edit pictures to a greater level, I would use my camera a lot more, so this is what I plan to do. I want to take photographs, lots of photographs.

Learn to read
OK, that sounds a bit odd. I can read, but I don't read. In my 29 years I have read a handful of books, all of which I have enjoyed. I love a good story, I love films and comics, I just can't seem to finish books. I need to teach myself how to get in a "reading zone".

These are the main 3. Of course, there are a few others which I will attempt, but for no real reason other than this being my "learn stuff" year, such as:
Learn to play the guitar
Learn how to write creatively
Learn how to fix things

Learn how to make stuff
Learn how to dress better
Learn loads more random facts about animals
Learn loads more words and improve my vocabulary


Hopefully these things will all help me learn more about myself and what I ultimately want from life, and, if not, they will just make me better at doing stuff. Which is a good thing.

Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment